> On Feb 1, 2016, at 12:13 PM, Paul Dufresne <dufres...@gmail.com
> <mailto:dufres...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> I just wrote (DD in Linux) the FDI-USB .IMG file on an USB-KEY.
> Think this was my first try to boot FreeDOS on USB key.
> Boots fine (once adjusted in BIOS).
>
> Suprise 1) Unable to select a language different than english.
> Others are shown, but key down does not move to others.
> Did not was able (or really try) to go around that.

Oops, sorry. I don’t know why I did it. Somehow, how I managed to remove a
line from mkFDI.bat that dynamically generates that section of code for the
installer. Since, I only use English I don’t notice. Fixed it.

> Surprise 2) FDISK was at first showing the C: as the USB-Key. (LABEL
> FDI-SETUP as I remember).
> But there is an option in FDISK to change drive. Worked well.
> I stopped there because I did not really want to install on that computer.

USB as drive C and install to D is fine. So far,
I’ve had two people tell me that booting on USB was C: and
one that it was L:.  The new way FDI does the detection stuff
should be fine.

But, you are correct with the default for FDISK. So, added stuff
so FDISK would select D (drive 2) at start when USB is C:

I have made both changes and pushed the updates online for
download at http://up.lod.bz/FDI <http://up.lod.bz/FDI>