Hi,

(I'll respond quickly here even though there's a billion follow-up

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Jerome E. Shidel Jr. <jer...@shidel.net> wrote:

>> On Feb 1, 2016, at 6:17 PM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Jerome E. Shidel Jr. <jer...@shidel.net>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just the FreeDOS 1.2 Installer Preview 11.
>>>
>>> Also, a more permanent USB stick image url location.
>>> There is a link to it on the FDI download page.
>>
>> I just downloaded the FDI-USB.ZIP file (now 178 MB .ZIP'd, unpacks to
>> 256 MB .img).
>
> Yeah, It’s a little big. But, on the other hand it is really hard to find
> a USB stick under 512mb. So, other than download size, it isn’t to
> important. However, that being said. It should be under 100mb
> for individuals who have very limited or expensive bandwidth.

I just don't think most people downloading FreeDOS really need FPC or
FBC or DJGPP (even if I do like them). I think they can just grab them
separately. But OW and NASM are officially recommended and much
smaller, so to those I have no complaints.

>>> Moved CD driver from Installed FDCONFIG.SYS to AUTOEXEC.BAT
>>
>> But LBACACHE now loads before UDVD2 and FDAPM, so you still can't
>> unload it.   :-(
>
> But, it is the installers boot media. Not the installed system. Does it
> matter?
>
> I will move it just for you. But, I’m curious why you really want to be able
> unload it.
>
> So for the next release, I have set DOSLFN to load second to last.
> Then finally, LBACACHE.

Sigh, no, I misunderstood that, sorry.

Of course you don't need to unload on the installer boot media. I just
meant in general that it made no sense (to me) why you wouldn't at
least give the user the option to unload later, if needed. It's easy
to miss details like that, so I was just mentioning it for
completeness.