On Tue, 31 Oct 2017, Tom Ehlert wrote:

what do you mean by that? (at least most) MS software should work as
well.
we actually took a couple of MS utilities (think chkdsk, MSD, ...) to
verify compatibility.

Windows for Workgroups 3.11, the ultimate torture test that, last I checked, only kindasorta worked on FD at all and only with a lot of fandango. ;)

which 'other free DOS clones' ? I am not aware of any.

RxDOS that we were talking about before and PDOS, both of which are utter crap compared to FreeDOS (and even not compared to FreeDOS).

-uso.