I, for one, would personally love to see FreeQB. Even if it only converted
BASIC to assembly and relied on NASM for compiling, it would be a welcome
addition to the FreeDOS family. The language could even be extended with
several features found in other BASICs, such as PowerBASIC. I began a BASIC
compiler for a different project years ago and still have the source code lying
around if anyone would be interested. I would be willing to assist on such a
project as my free time allows.

Chelson and his team was working on the
[DOSCore](http://www.doscore.net/doscore/home.html) project a while back which
gave a GUI for DOS based systems. I thought it was listed on the FreeDOS site,
but I don't see it there now...

The calculator would be a nice accessory. I made a set of routines in the early
2000s which allow mathematical operations on very large numbers by treating
them as strings and processing them one digit at a time (as one would do
manually) which might be useful for such a project, again if someone is
interested in taking up such a project.