On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 12:49 PM, Ercan Ersoy <ercaner...@ercanersoy.net>
wrote:

> I, for one, would personally love to see FreeQB. Even if it only converted
>> BASIC to assembly and relied on NASM for compiling, it would be a welcome
>> addition to the FreeDOS family. The language could even be extended with
>> several features found in other BASICs, such as PowerBASIC. I began a BASIC
>> compiler for a different project years ago and still have the source code
>> lying around if anyone would be interested. I would be willing to assist on
>> such a project as my free time allows.
>>

> I think FreeQB as a interpreter. It includes an editor. But, I don't have
> time
> for this project. I work on FreeDOS TUI Shell and FreeDOS Coreutils for
> FreeDOS.

I'm confused. I thought *you* were proposing to write a FreeQB. Are you
not? Sounds like you are instead asking others to write it for you?

That said, I agree that it would be great for FreeQB to compile programs,
so users can run them outside of the interpreter. If that's by outputting
intermediate code (such as NASM, as Mercury Thirteen suggested) that is
fine.

> Chelson and his team was working on the [DOSCore](http://www.doscore.n
>> et/doscore/home.html) project a while back which gave a GUI for DOS
>> based systems. I thought it was listed on the FreeDOS site, but I don't see
>> it there now...
>>

> I don't see DOSCore binaries and DOSCore sources.

​They have them available on SourceForge. I just grabbed the latest file
(Aura m4, 2015)​ and the rar file includes both the binary and the source.
I didn't run it to test, but the rar file looks like it has everything.

Here's their SourceForge project page:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/auraguifreedos/