Sort of a simplified version of GNU bc, then? I think that would be really
interesting.

I hadn't used ACALC before, but looking it up online, it's a simple command
line calculator:
ACALC {expression}

Where {expression} is add, subtract, multiply, divide, modulo .. and
various functions like abs(), exp(), fact(), sqrt(), sin(), cos(), tan().
So ACALC computes the result of what you give it on the command line, and
outputs the result. I'd suggest that {expression} be optional, so
[expression]. If you don't give an expression, let the user type in several
expressions.

I can see a need for this kind of command line calculator. Interesting.

Jim