Hi Ercan,

> FreeQB:
> FreeQB is replacement for Microsoft QBASIC. FreeQB is
> QBASIC.EXE for FreeDOS and compatible QBASIC. It may
> run 8086 and low memory.

A GOOD BASIC is hard to write! I recommend to use the
existing FreeBASIC and support their efforts towards
a good IDE for it and "interactive interpreted mode".

While it requires 386 CPU and more memory, this will
NOT be a problem for a big group of DOS users today.
FreeBASIC also has a QB dialect compatibility mode.

For scripting, Ruby and 4DOS might be nice as well.

> FreeDOS Calculator:
> A calculator for FreeDOS. This software may be written
> C++ and FDOSTUI Library.

Sure, that sounds like fun. But check which calculator
tools with open source already exist from the old days.

> FreeDOS Control Panel:
> This control panel may provide FreeDOS management settings
> (display, sound, network etc.).

To be honest, MS DOS did not impress me at all with their
attempts to assist users in optimizing memory usage. And
FreeDOS drivers tend to use very little memory anyway ;-)

In short, I doubt that this is a good idea. But if you do
it, then you should build it in a way which "interfaces"
with the FreeDOS installation tool. Then it is useful in
more situations than if it would be stand-alone :-)

> A Graphical Shell for FreeDOS:
> This graphical shell may provides using FreeDOS easily.

You have to be more specific about this. Do you mean some
kind of menu system? Or a file manager with the ability to
run programs? Or something like Windows? For each of those
goals, there already are several free implementations :-)

> FreeDOS Markdown Help System:
> FreeDOS help documents may be rewritten via Markdown and
> translated many languages. FreeDOS Written Help System
> may be written easily than FreeDOS HTML Help System.

I disagree that the limited HTML subset supported by the
HTMLHELP system would be hard to write. The real issue is
having people to write the help text at all, I think...

Cheers, Eric

PS: I guess CDP has more features, but I also have a tiny
CD player tool among my works :-) It basically is a bloated
version of EJECT: DOS CD drivers tend to support low level
commands like "play track". Note that this requires cables.

PPS: Compressed kernel = less space used, more BOOT SPEED!