Hi,

> On Dec 29, 2018, at 7:47 AM, thraex <thr...@numericable.fr> wrote:
>

> Jerome Shidel wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody.
>
> Hello Jerome,
>
>> If you want to see 1.3 built in the cloud on DigitalOcean, check out
>> the https://youtu.be/XZoWCFJDdqY
>
> Looking at all this scrolling text (after the make clean translate all
> command), I noticed that some packages (edict, fdtui and others) didn't
> have their descriptions translated, so I updated the French and Turkish
> versions of listing.csv. You can download the archive containing them
> from <http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08961152375283997508>
> (As a side note, note that in the description in English of i16butil,
> the closing parenthesis is missing.)

Cool. Thanks. I’ll go do that after I send this email. :-)

> Also, for paint2 and and testdisk, there are md5 and sha errors
> ("contains invalid md5/SHA length for fr, 850" and so on). I must have
> done something wrong somewhere, sorry for that -- and I couldn't figure
> out where the mistake was and therefore how to fix it. Just wanted to
> bring it to your attention.

Maybe, maybe not.

I haven’t gotten around to looking into it yet. It is quite probable that it is
just a compatibility issue and something more I need to write for my CSV
parser.

Basically, those errors MD5 & SHA hash invalid length means that after
it parsed that line it realized that the column it thinks is for those fields
doesn’t have the proper number of characters to be a MD5 or SHA hash.

In other words, It doesn’t think the columns line up properly for those and
that there was an error somewhere in the preceding fields.

I’ll figure out what’s up and let you know.

> Finally, if there is other stuff that can be translated for FreeDOS,
> feel free to yell at me.

:-)

>> But if you only want to see the release build process, skip ahead to
>> 6:45. It takes the server about 10 minutes to build the Floppy, 2 USB
>> stick images and the Legacy CD.
>
> Heh, I tried to download the CD file just to fiddle around with it with
> VirtualBox but couldn't connect to http://157.230.50.141/ :)

LOL

That machine was created only to demonstrate building it in the cloud. So after
making the video, I destroyed the VPS.

You could always watch the first 7 minutes of the video and build one yourself.
:-)

The cloud build was on https://digitalocean.com <https://digitalocean.com/>
using Fedora using their cheapest VPS. Their pricing is very reasonable. That
temporary
VPS cost $0.007/hour (max $5.00/month). So, creating and destroying it in under
an hour cost me $0.01 USD. On top of that,
they been making offers of $100.00 credit to new users in a couple podcasts
commercials. I’m a couple weeks behind on my
listening. But, I think it was in either Mac Break Weekly or SecurityNow. Don’t
know the offer code. I’ve been using DO for years.
So, I just skip those ads.

Generally, I build it locally in VirtualBox using openSUSE Leap. I quickly go
over the process on the builder wiki
 https://gitlab.com/FreeDOS/builder/wikis/home
<https://gitlab.com/FreeDOS/builder/wikis/home> at gitlab. But other than
initial creation of the VM, it is exactly the
same as building it on the cloud.

There are a couple other commands for it’s make file I need to get around
documenting sometime. Like how “make fresh” is more or
less the same as “make clean” with the major exception that it does not purge
the downloaded repo ISO and doesn’t purge the
cached package translations. (Why keep re-downloading and rebuilding unchanging
files?)

:-)

Jerome