Hi,

> On Jan 2, 2019, at 12:38 PM, thraex <thr...@numericable.fr> wrote:
>

> 2.01.2019 02:30 tarihinde Jerome Shidel yazdı:
>>
>> Sorry, I didn’t notice. Displaying the found translations is a new feature
>> in the build environment. I know there are a couple missin from the German
>> translations. So, I figured it might be nice that you were shown during that
>> phase.
>
> Good idea indeed, thank you. I noticed that XDEL had neither French
> nor Turkish translations and that FDIMPLES was machine translated in
> these two languages therefore I added these translations to the archive
> containing CuteMouse files, so forget about the previous link, just
> download them all from
> <http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=62190245377745067928>.

Will do

>>> I managed to build it locally with Fedora 28 in VirtualBox thanks to
>>> your video. That said, I noticed several problems, just to bring them to
>>> your attention:
>>
>> Neat eh? Super easy to build one. :-)
>
> :-)
>
>>> * When I choose Turkish in the installer, some letters are changed, for
>>> instance ı becomes an i, ğ becomes a g, ş becomes an s. The text is
>>> still legible and understandable though.
>>
>> I think that may be my fault. The I’ve been unable to figure out what DOS
>> character set is correct in BBEdit. So, it refuses to save them unless I
>> change them. I had to do a bunch of adjustments to frame sizes and line
>> breaks for all of the translations so they displayed properly.
>>
>> If you fix them in the versions that are in the source tree, I can update
>> them so they aren’t mangled. Just avoid any changes that would require me
>> needing to adjust them.
>
> The problem is worse than I thought: even after the installation the
> charset problem remains, and it also affects characters like İ. Let's
> see what we can do when you get back on FreeDOS 1.3.

Hmmm.

> And just so that I don't forget it, when the chosen keyboard in the
> installer is the French layout, I get the Spanish one (I think) instead.
> I have to type mkeyb fr after the installation to get the correct AZERTY
> layout.

It could be a minor bug in FDI or build process that may have occurred when I
incorporated the Russian translations.

>>> * A ver command returns the following:
>>> FreeCom version 0.84-pre2 XMS_Swap [Aug 28 2006 00:29:00]
>>> whereas FreeCOM 0.84-pre6 has been released in September (see
>>> <https://github.com/FDOS/freecom/releases>). Wouldn't it make sense to
>>> use this more recent version?
>>>
>>> That's all for now, as I couldn't install FreeDOS 1.3 Beta. Hopefully
>>> when I'm able to install I'll have more stuff to bother you with. :-P
>>
>> If you would like a pleasant surprise... run
>> make cdrom release
>> :-)
>
> Hey that's a neat FreeDOS 1.3 Beta LiveCD! :) If anyone wants to play
> with it, it can be downloaded from <https://uptobox.com/wuf1nxqf5tak>.
> The corresponding md5 sum is "177a9f511a664a5a51d2d749b0f753bf" and the
> sha256 sum is
> "f0d2ef4d00ce24049ef60107326071061701db0bea1b1a284901817c5969afd4". It
> installs just fine in AQEMU

There are a couple final touches I need to make to LiveCD-Type 1 and was going
to wait until both Type1 & 2 were ready before having everyone play around with
them. But, it’s ok. Everyone is welcome to start playing with LiveCD Type-1.

Using the LiveCD part requires 128mb ram at present.

Also, There are a couple known bugs and unresolved issues at preset. This is
early beta.

Live portion will get installer eventually and probably automatic networking
support under VirtualBox and VMware.

One main issue is under VirtualBox, the installer will complain about not being
supported and drop out. Easy fix when I get to it. But, for now, after that
happens, just relaunch it manually with setup.bat

Jerome