* If the installation language is Russian, the text is garbled, no
Cyrillic letters are displayed.
Yeah, that’s a known issue. Cant really think of a “good” way to solve it.

Here’s the problem.

Language and translation change when that language is highlighted on the menu.
However, the Language settings, Codepage and font are not set until that
language is actually selected.
This requires loading some TSRs. They may be a way to unload them. But, I don’t
know if or what it is.

I have a bunch of stuff I’ve written over the years that can load fonts. Most
recently are the QFONT tools included with PGME. They can convert to/from
simple bit fonts, load qfonts temporarily, or turn them into a TSR. I may do
something there to temp load/unload the Russian font on the menu.

Maybe storing the codepage and font information are stored along with the langua/keyboard layout is good.

This way a small utility ("loadfont") can be called when changing language. This would be good for all languages that have special letters.

I still need to do some more work in FDI to be able to handle installation from
LiveCD-Type2.

LiveCD-Type1 is mostly ready. My plan is to put both to the Devs and Community
to decide which will be the LiveCD.

Looking forward to it :)

Nils