29.12.2018 18:18 tarihinde Jerome Shidel yazdı:

>> Finally, if there is other stuff that can be translated for FreeDOS,
>> feel free to yell at me.
>
> :-)

Well, you should have yelled :-P Looking at all this scrolling text, I
noticed that CuteMouse wasn't translated in Turkish (it wasn't listed on
<http://freedoslocal.sf.net> so I missed it). You can grab the archive
containing the Turkish and French translations (there's only a couple of
typo fixes for the file in French) from
<http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=09172634250299151850>. The
encoding and line endings should be correct. If there are other such
packages, I would happily translate them too. Just give me some pointers.

> Generally, I build it locally in VirtualBox using openSUSE Leap. I
> quickly go over the process on the builder wiki
>  https://gitlab.com/FreeDOS/builder/wikis/home at gitlab. But other than
> initial creation of the VM, it is exactly the
> same as building it on the cloud.

I managed to build it locally with Fedora 28 in VirtualBox thanks to
your video. That said, I noticed several problems, just to bring them to
your attention:

* If the installation language is Russian, the text is garbled, no
Cyrillic letters are displayed.

* When I choose Turkish in the installer, some letters are changed, for
instance ı becomes an i, ğ becomes a g, ş becomes an s. The text is
still legible and understandable though.

* It wasn't possible to install FD13LGCY.ISO in VirtualBox which said
"Unfortunately, this method of installation is not supported on this
hardware platform. Please try a different installation method". It
seemed to work with AQEMU though until the "Gathering some information
to prepare for the installation..." step. Then I got "Unable to locate
the installation packages. A reboot may help" and it becomes a loop. The
same is also true for FD13FLOP.IMG with VirtualBox.

* A ver command returns the following:
FreeCom version 0.84-pre2 XMS_Swap [Aug 28 2006 00:29:00]
whereas FreeCOM 0.84-pre6 has been released in September (see
<https://github.com/FDOS/freecom/releases>). Wouldn't it make sense to
use this more recent version?

That's all for now, as I couldn't install FreeDOS 1.3 Beta. Hopefully
when I'm able to install I'll have more stuff to bother you with. :-P