Hi,
this remembers me to something I wanted to post in the near time.

first of all a happy new year and health to everyone in this group.

now my wish: (Tom, keep calm)

mkeyb supports a lot of keyboard layouts e.g. "gr" for german etc.
FreeDOS uses the set lang= xy variable for many country related things.
but the gr etc. in mkeyb xy differ from this variable that is used for nls, help etc.

Would it be possible to change the country characters in mkeyb e.g. german from "gr" to "de" and so on so that it is possible to say "mkeyb %lang%" to get the correct keyboard layout in FD without big problems?
This would be a great help for the users and for Jerome.
If this is not possible for compatibility reasons with other OSes, e.g. M$, could you create a modified version, e.g. fdkeyb or something like this?

A second proposal, would it be possible to add a turkish keyboard support? Of course only if this is possible. If not, simply forget it. As you can see the number of turkish users increases. I am sure one of the turkish boys can inform you about the layout etc.

Thank you for reading and thinking about this.

Cheers

Willi

--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit mail.com Mail gesendet.
Am 31.12.21, 17:03 schrieb Emir SARI via Freedos-devel <freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>:
Hello,

> Your welcome.
>
> If your on an Intel based Mac, I recommend using VirtualBox. It’s free, fairly easy to use and works well enough.
>
> Although, if you scale the display to something other than %100, it can be sluggish. But, that probably has a lot to do with the model of Mac and it’s video card.

VirtualBox is convenient, but I don’t like the fact that it puts all its tentacles all around the system. QEMU is more compact. :)

In the meantime, I’ve observed a critical omission in the Turkish FreeCOM translations; the prompt reply keys were never translated. I was surprised to see that I could not get out of the drive letter error, only to see that it was not there.

I have fixed this, and improved some other error messages in this[1] commit.

Can we please put this in a last minute FreeCOM release? It will be a real bummer to ship it with this error. I am really sorry that I notice this now this late.

Best regards,
Emir

[1] https://github.com/shidel/fd-nls/pull/84/commits/c8ac0ed6fff0d1da0cd062944da9d86602f21143