On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Luchezar Georgiev wrote:

> Even after reducing kernel size with my latest patches I still get 65830
> bytes. That's more than a kilobyte bigger! How can we explain that?

Well I can only try to narrow down by telling exactly what I did:

here we go:
download UNSTABLE cvs

cvs -z3 -d:ext:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/freedos co -rUNSTABLE kernel
cd kernel

get your patch
wget http://linux.tu-varna.acad.bg/~lig/freedos/kernel/CVSPATCH.TXT

apply
patch -p2 < CVSPATCH.TXT

resolve rejects in exeflat.c :(

Make batch files CRLF as Jeremy converted them

find . -name \*.bat | xargs unix2dos

copy config.bat from elsewhere, disable UPX
Use DOSEMU with OW 1.2 just to make sure.

cd to directory
build wc 386 fat32

kernel/kernel.sys and kernel/kernel.map have disappeared...
Hard to get my fingers used to that.

Oh well we still have bin/kernel.sys: 64266 bytes.
bin/kernel.map. Also gone...

Ok bin/kwc38632.map still exists.
I've uploaded it to
http://freedos.sf.net/kernel/kwc38632.txt