> I usually just linger trying to learn.
> A couple of things though;
> 1. You can easily turn off UAC if you do not like it.

nods.

Is that an option with TweakVI or a special utility?
Can the constant 'its not on' messages be suppressed?

> 2. Most new computers have a partition with the OS on it and a utility
> to allow you to make a set of CD's.
> Dan

It did but the media was bad :(.
the program then refused to rerun them.

I guess the powers-that-be never heard of
of optical disk getting scratched or being
defective, or hard drives crashing.

I did explain the bad media issue, and the mfg
was willing to snailmail a set so I guess if one
complains one can can get them.

I even asked if there was a registry tweak to tell
the program to forget the set was made, (so as to recreate
them).

They also told me the disks they were sending could not
be imaged even on a unix-like OS using dd, that didn't
seem reasonable either. If the OS isn't sold but licensed,
why restrict a legal reinstall due to hardware crash?
Aren't they OEM versions supposed to be tied to the hardware?

I can image the hard drive with Acronis True Image Home to
an external hard drive and use its bootable media to restore
that image. Why try to keep a user from imaging the recovery disks?
They are hardware dependant anyway.