Hi,

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 1:37 PM, thraex <thr...@numericable.fr> wrote:
> On 27/11/12 19:47, Henrique Peron wrote:
>
> Thanks for explaining, but how do I select these codepages? Also, please
> note that the case I reported happens right after a normal installation
> of FreeDOS, therefore I was wondering whether there's something that
> needs to be fixed or adjusted so that if the user chooses these layouts,
> things will work without additional configuration (or an information
> indicating that some additional configuration is needed will be displayed).

The installer is just a "best guess" type of thing, not perfect by any
stretch. It may be trite to assume users are already familiar with
DOS, but that's somewhat implied.

http://help.fdos.org/en/hhstndrd/base/mode.htm

But here's a partial (better?) solution:

=======================================
set CPIDIR=%DOSDIR%\cpi
display con=(ega,,3)
mode con cp prep=((853) %CPIDIR%\ega.cpx)
mode con cp prep=((,737,869) %CPIDIR%\ega5.cpx)
mode con cp sel=%DEFAULT%
set CPIDIR=

if "%DEFAULT%"=="853" keyb us,,%DOSDIR%\keyboard.sys
if not "%DEFAULT%"=="853" keyb gk,,%DOSDIR%\keybrd2.sys
echo.
echo KEYB: Ctrl-Alt-F1 to disable or Ctrl-Alt-F2 to re-enable!
echo.

P.S. More specifically, it would be nice to know which codepage(s) and
keyboard layouts you personally intend to use for your language. (Or
did I miss that part?)   :-)