Hi,

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Henrique Peron <hpe...@terra.com.br> wrote:

> Em 30/11/2012 03:32, Rugxulo escreveu:
>>>
>>> ISO Latin codepages for FreeDOS are ready to go, for a long time
>>> already, by the way. Ruĝulo, if you and/or anyone out there reading this
>>> message feels that keyboard layouts based on ISO Latin codepages would
>>> be welcome, please let me know. I would need a few weeks to work on
>>> them.
>> Yikes, weeks of extra work for little benefit is the last thing I
>> want. You've done nice work, but I really don't want to ask for
>> anything more than a few minutes of your time.
>
> You know what? I'm wrong on expecting for someone to ask for it. I think
> I should promptly offer it. I'll work on creating parallel versions of
> the present keyboard layouts to work with ISO, Win e Mac codepages.
>
> There will not be a repertoire as large as the one available for FreeDOS
> (because I'm restricted to existing codepages on those platforms). I'll
> need more than a few weeks, but it will all be done and I'll post an
> announcement here when they're ready.

I really hope you don't push yourself too hard on this. It's niche at
its best. Honestly, if I were you, I'd just do Latin-[1234] first, as
that seems the most common subset, and they were originally defined
together.

It's not that I'm so stubborn to require Latin-3, and I can easily
just use Mined + cp853 if really needed (to write Latin-3 or UTF-8
encoded). But I'm probably not going to write any large E-o texts any
time soon  :-)  , hence my not wanting to burden you.

But yeah, Latin-3 (etc.) seems more official, widespread, etc. than
others. Maybe that's changing now that the "big three" OSes (and their
devs) are pushing Unicode (UTF-8, UTF-16, etc.), but that's a bit
outside of the textmode-based code page trajectory.