Merhaba Thraex,
Saluton Ruĝulo,

Thraex, you're right. I have downloaded and installed the new FreeDOS
ISO, v1.1 under VirtualBox.

I have noticed the problem concerning the turkish layouts, and I could
see that it will affect most national layouts.

The problem lies on the way that AUTOEXEC.BAT was created:

• The DISPLAY command is issued incorrectly. Sintax error. It has an
extra ")".

• The REGIONAL.BAT file, used during installation time to allow the user
to pick up his keyboard layout, also presents incorrect sintax. There
are calls to *.KL files which shouldn't be there. *.KL files are
particularly necessary when the end-user himself edits and creates an
alternative version of his keyboard layout, which forces him to
recompile the source file (in the turkish FGĞIOD case, it is file called
"TR440.KEY"), generating a *.KL file, which then is called by KEYB,
bypassing the layouts included on the KEYB*.SYS files.

In short: the line
if "%1"=="19" call %0 setNLS 792 TR   857 EGA  TR TR440.KL /ID:440
should simply read
if "%1"=="19" call %0 setNLS 792 TR   857 EGA  TR /ID:440

...And all other lines like that.

• For some reason (and I don't know why), AUTOEXEC.BAT is created so to
look for the turkish FGĞIOD layout on KEYBRD3.SYS, instead of looking
for it on KEYBRD2.SYS.

• Last but not least — I don't know why, but MODE CON CP SEL=xxx should
be included into AUTOEXEC.BAT but it is not and it gets worse: if you
include it yourself on AUTOEXEC.BAT (in this case, it would be "MODE CON
CP SEL=857") and reboot the virtual machine, that call is solemny
ignored!! (However, if you issue it on the command prompt, it works.)

So, if there's someone out there reading FD-Devel and knows how to fix
it... it's your call! :)

Thraex: ben türkçe biraz bilirim. [I know a little turkish.] (I hope I
said it right! If not, please correct me! :-))

By the way, Thraex, you can contact me directly at hperon -at-
terra.com.br .

Ruĝulo: you have written a few sentences in esperanto earlier but I
didn't understand... (Sorry!) Could you please translate them? Thanks! :)

By the way, Thraex, I could prepare a particular, enhanced version of
your french (or would it be belgian?) keyboard, so to type turkish. Just
let me know.

(A simple way to tell the french from the belgian keyboard: both present
a key with "²" but that same key, on the belgian keyboard, also presents
"³" when combined with <Shift>.)

Henrique