Em 30/11/2012 07:52, thraex escreveu:
> On 30/11/12 01:40, Henrique Peron wrote:
>> Merhaba Thraex,
>> Saluton Ruĝulo,
>>
>> I have noticed the problem concerning the turkish layouts, and I could
>> see that it will affect most national layouts.
> It's nice to see that your nailed down the issue which happens to be
> "sexy" in some way: it seems to affect a large set of languages but at
> the same time, it's identified and doesn't seem extremely hard to fix.
> Hope the developers will have some time to spare for it.
I would like to discuss ideas on improving that keyboard layout menu,
because the screen has run out of space and there are other layouts
which aren't presented there, like the Cherokee and the Colemak, which
you mentioned below.

The keyboard layout menu is beautiful on the first screen but, as you
select "More...", the next screen does not receive the same refinement.
Again — if there's someone out there reading fd-devel which could work
on that, please either show yourself here or contact me at hperon -at-
terra.com.br.
>> • For some reason (and I don't know why), AUTOEXEC.BAT is created so to
>> look for the turkish FGĞIOD layout on KEYBRD3.SYS, instead of looking
>> for it on KEYBRD2.SYS.
> Regarding Turkish, my advice would be to use the Turkish QWERTY layout
> as the default and/or the first option because it's by far the most
> widely used one and other operating systems do so too. In all cases,
> please make sure that you provide layout information: Turkish QWERTY and
> Turkish FGĞIOD (or the shorter versions Turkish Q and Turkish F which
> are perfectly understood). On FreeDOS 1.1, option 19 during the
> installation simply states "Turkey" and has the issue we've talked
> about. If you think it makes sense, you may want to forward that
> paragraph to the developers mailing list.
Ok, thank you for the tip. I had actually assumed that "Turkish F" was
the most used keyboard layout, therefore I had not provided further
information at the time, but I'll correct that.
>> ISO Latin codepages for FreeDOS are ready to go, for a long time
>> already, by the way. Ruĝulo, if you and/or anyone out there reading this
>> message feels that keyboard layouts based on ISO Latin codepages would
>> be welcome, please let me know.
> I don't know if it's the right place but I'd suggest two additional
> layouts. Colemak would be the first one: same goals compared to Dvorak
> (which is already supported), but closer to QWERTY so it's intended to
> be easier to learn. More information on <http://colemak.com/>, public
> domain stuff.
>
> For French, there's BÉPO, the kind of keyboard that makes you regret you
> learnt AZERTY. It may need to be simplified a bit to fit DOS though.
> Everything is under free licenses, and there's more information on
> <http://bepo.fr/>.
Thank you for the tip on the Bépo layout; actually, I had already
learned about it. I just didn't work on that yet. It's a very impressive
layout, covering many languages written with the latin script. It seems
that there's even support for vietnamese. There's no support for african
languages on it, but I have already provided layouts for those languages
anyway.

Best regards,
Henrique