If I remember correctly, Windows 2000 install files are 8.3 so long file
name support is not required.
And for lfn files I would either transfer them over the network or use zip
files to contain the lfn. I use info-zip punzip when I fiddle with Windows
2000.
I remember in school that we installed windows 2000 from MS-DOS 6.x
//Pär