On Thu, 2019-05-09 at 01:52 +0200, Pär Moberg wrote:
> If I remember correctly, Windows 2000 install files are 8.3 so long
> file name support is not required.
> And for lfn files I would either transfer them over the network or
> use zip files to contain the lfn. I use info-zip punzip when I fiddle
> with Windows 2000.
> I remember in school that we installed windows 2000 from MS-DOS 6.x
> //Pär

So I create a zip archive of my Win2k C drive on say an external
drive's partition from FreeDOS, boot into 2000, and unzip the file on
the external from 2000?  I think zip and unzip in freedos require that
I install cwsdpmi.  I believe there are utilities such as gzip, tar,
etcetera from Linux world in freedos, maybe I can use these if there
are equivalent programs available for 2000.  Of course, if I can boot
Linux it has VFAT support.  I'd prefer to leave Linux out of this as
Linux may not boot on an Agilent analyzer because of the proprietary
Intel video card and proprietary touchscreen.  And no, panel.exe does
not give you touchscreen capability.  Hopefully, the panasonic usb
driver will allow me to restore to an external drive a ghost image
bypassing the whole long filename problem.

          -- Michael C. Robinson