Hi!

> I'd prefer to leave Linux out of this as Linux may not boot
> on an Agilent analyzer because of the proprietary
> Intel video card and proprietary touchscreen.

I think it will boot and it will support a normal VGA screen
plugged into the VGA connector at the backside of your device.

It will probably not use the touchscreen at the front though.

Copying a disk image to external drive sounds like a good
idea before further steps, no matter whether you do it with
Ghost for DOS or with a program for the installed Windows
2000 (why not?) or with Linux.

Eric

PS: So panel.exe redirects all DOS text output to the touch
screen graphics, but does not activate the touch sensors?