On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 05:08:51PM +0100, Eric Auer wrote:

> As you say your PC fails to idle while just waiting at
> the command prompt: Your command.com is a version of
> FreeCOM, I guess? Which version?

OK, one more:

just did quick-test of newest available FreeCOM binaries:

 https://github.com/FDOS/freecom/releases/tag/com084pre6

None of the three binaries makes my CPU being idle (at least that's what
fdapm reports). Of course I didn't forget to restart system after I replaced
command.com with another compilation variant (although actually running
another binary would do, but "just for case").

Replacing FreeCOM by 4DOS as command-line interpreter fixed the problem
instantly (again: according to fdapm - I'll take a look does it really cool
my CPU down)
--
regards,
Zbigniew