I also tested older FreeCOM version 0.82 - somehow it doesn't pass my
autoexec.bat. My machine looked like locked up with that obsolescent version.
I was able to "single-step" through autoexec.bat, but at the very end - after
last line of autoexec.bat - there's no command prompt. System looks like
hung up - but can be restarted using three finger salute.

So the only thing I could do was to bypass autoexec.bat and then to do
LH FDAPM ADV:REG from command line after boot-up. No difference: "CPU was
idle 0% of the time". But after I ran Volkov Commander (yes, from command
line of that old FreeCOM) - immediately there was rise on the percentage
--
regards,
Zbigniew