Hi all :-)

> 3) GrafX2 <https://www.bttr-software.de/freesoft/graphics.htm#paint>
> by Guillaume Dorme and Karl Maritaud is GNU GPL v2, but docs and
> Watcom C and TP7 source code names and comments are in French.

That caught my interest so I made some stats:

- all the TXT already exists in French *and* English,
  some of it even in English without French version

- the ASM are 15800 lines, with 1670 real comments
  (not just commenting stuff out or "db 65 ; 'A'")

- the PAS are 2600 lines with only 30 real comments
  (plus 50 saying "Pinceau 42" with various numbers)

- the C are 40800 lines with 60 /* block comments */
  (usually very short) and 3310 real 1 line comments
  (which already include some fraction of English)

So the task would be to translate 5000 snippets of
French, are there any GrafX2 fans who feel in the
mood to help FreeDOS as source "interpreters"? :-)

Note that the PAS code is just for tools / helpers,
grafx2 itself is written in C with some Assembly.
There also is some of that embedded in other code.

Of course the variable and function names etc. are
often in French, too, but because the code already
is commented, translating the comments themselves
should be enough for making the code understood.

> 4) OGE <https://www.bttr-software.de/freesoft/graphics.htm#paint>
> by Daniel Skarda is GNU GPL v2, but docs and TP source code names
> and comments are in Czech.

Maybe somebody wants to measure the comment sizes?

> 5) VGAPaint 386 <https://www.bttr-software.de/products/vp386/>
> by Avery Lee is GNU GPL v2, but unstable.

Robert explained that this means it fails to restore
the interrupt vector table on certain exit methods,
which feels familiar for certain Borland / Turbo run
time libraries?

> 7) AntiPaint for DOS
> <https://code.google.com/archive/p/nanox-microwindows-nxlib-fltk-for-dos/downloads>
> is unusable (to me).

According to Robert, it feels more like a graphics
library example than a real painting program?

Cheers, Eric