On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 04:28:00PM +0200, Eric Auer wrote:

> About your missing 10 kB: That might be extra driver
> data, extra BIOS data, a virus, depends. Just telling
> DOS to use them anyway will not be the solution. You
> could use DEBUG to see what is in those 10 kB.

I browsed memory using "debug" from 9000:d000 to 9000:ffff - until 9000:d800
there is something that looks like FreeDOS' data, and higher than that
zeros, a little bit (very seldom) "spoiled" by a few bytes here and there
until 9000:dd20.

Higher than that - only zeros. And no, it's not ROM; I was able to modify
cells' contents. Maybe indeed something can be improved in memory management?
--
regards,
Zbigniew