We’e in the same situation. I’d actually be willing to pay for Redhat, but not
with the requirement to do a reinstall. So until RHEL 9 I need an alternative.
While I have lots of reasons to dislike it, I’m currently thinking of Oracle
Linux for our remaining time on 8. I’ve found delays in Centos 8 a concern
already, so I’m not inclined to wait.

If the IPA developers can assure us that the version in Centos 8 Stream is well
tested, I’d use that instead. Historically IPA administrative tools have been
brittle. Any slight difference from the environment they expect and there’s a
failure, requiring days of reverse engineering an understanding of complex
Python code. So I’m not inclined to gamble on a release with less testing than
usual.