Title: RE: Using ippool with two radius servers?

> From: Miquel van Smoorenburg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> >     Why should I have 30.000 host routes????
>
> Well, you're talking about 30.000 ports. If you are going to
> assign each of them an IP address using radius, you need
> a routing protocol to get the packets to the NAS.
>
> >All I have is one /17
> >summarized route. All those IP's are on the same CIDR block.
>
> Ah, you only have one terminal server with 30.000 ports on it?
> In that case, route the /17 to that NAS and be done with it.
> But you likely have tens or hundreds of NASes.
>
> Either you're way ahead of me, or you really need to think this over.

        I think I'm ahead of you :-) Believe me, routing is not an issue here, I do have a /17 block with summarized pools in a way that I only need one static route per NAS (there are 20 of them). No need to use dinamic routing.

        Chris also suggested I should learn a bit more about ip routing. Well, we should always learn more, isn't it? But after 18 years of experience in IP networks I think I known how to route packets.

        The answer I was looking for was given by Chris: the ip pool module can't handle a pool so large. Anyway, it can't syncronize pools of any size between two Radius servers, so I'll need to find another solution, or another Radius server.

        Thanks all,
--
Gelson Dias Santos  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Backbone & Network Security