> > > Ah, you only have one terminal server with 30.000 ports on it?
> > > In that case, route the /17 to that NAS and be done with it.
> > > But you likely have tens or hundreds of NASes.
> > >
> > > Either you're way ahead of me, or you really need to think this over.
> >
> >         I think I'm ahead of you :-) Believe me, routing is not an issue
> > here, I do have a /17 block with summarized pools in a way that I only
> > need one static route per NAS (there are 20 of them). No need to use
> > dinamic routing.
>
> Okay, you have a fixed pool assigned to each NAS.  I still fail to see
> why you don't want the NAS to each handle the assignment of their own
> pools?  But then what the heck do I know about building a big network...

I have the same requirment (ippool over multiple radius servers).
SOmetimes allocating IPs from the NAS will just not work.

For example say we have 4000 dialin ports. We allocate the IPs from the
NAS for those users. All good.

But we have a different bunch of users. Eg Sat routed users. They need a
different IP Pool. There are not enough customers to warrent putting
another pool on each NAS box. This is where IPpool works nicley.

Most bighish ISP's need more than 1 radius server. We have 6 load
balanced behind a layer 4 switch.

Simon Allard (Senior Tool Monkey)
IHUG
Ph (09) 358-5067   Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm out of my mind right now, but feel free to leave a message.....

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html