At 04:58 PM 5/16/2002 -0300, Gelson Dias Santos wrote:

> > From: Miquel van Smoorenburg
> [<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> > Ah, you only have one terminal server with 30.000 ports on it?
> > In that case, route the /17 to that NAS and be done with it.
> > But you likely have tens or hundreds of NASes.
> >
> > Either you're way ahead of me, or you really need to think this over.
>
>         I think I'm ahead of you :-) Believe me, routing is not an issue
> here, I do have a /17 block with summarized pools in a way that I only
> need one static route per NAS (there are 20 of them). No need to use
> dinamic routing.

Okay, you have a fixed pool assigned to each NAS.  I still fail to see
why you don't want the NAS to each handle the assignment of their own
pools?  But then what the heck do I know about building a big network...

I've spoken my bit here, so I'll stop flogging the deceased equine.

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \         Chris Parker
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                   \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html