On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Fernando Teodoro wrote:

> I'm using MySQL auth/accouting.with FreeRADIUS. The last question remaining
> is: is there a way to use DEFAULT user configuration (which can always log
> in)?

I don't know if it's possible to add a DEFAULT user in sql. Someone else
will have to enlighten that issue.

> Is there a way to do the same with FreeRADIUS? Maybe using the old "users"
> file with a DEFAULT user? In this case, I will need to use "Fall-Through" in
> sql, but I can't imagine how (or where) add this attribute.

Now *that* you can do. Sort of... You'd need to use both the files and sql
module in radius.conf. Instead of using Fall-Through, you'd use the
configurable failover functionality of FreeRADIUS. See
'doc/configurable_failover' for information.

That's what I'm doing, anyway. There may be alternatives of which I am
unaware.

Franklin

--
Franklin Trumpy, NFA, MNGS, GSc | Say not, "I have found the truth,"
Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator  | but rather, "I have found a truth."

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html