Sometimes this comes down to what you need it to do. I need a centralized user database platform wide so LDAP was the obvious choice so I ran that with detail accounting for a while but then I needed to do some bit counting and I also needed to calculate usage for the users. When it comes to this it is MUCH faster and easier to work with the database. Now I just ask the database for the the usage instead of trying to parse a huge text log.

schu

Evren Yurtesen wrote:
Ok lets make peace :)
Everybody argue about something and usually its so difficult to come to a conclusion. Microsoft says windows is good, linux people say linux is better, I say FreeBSD is best :)

Anyhow the hardware is so fast and cheap nowadays that we dont need to be so efficient :) It is better to install things the most productive way. Usually it is enough...

By the way I would like to finish this with something which I think funny:

I just remembered something when I thought about efficient.
Microsoft always says the newer version of windows works faster and more efficiently etc. But yet they require faster cpu's and more memory in their system requirements :) When we leave the memory out, I wonder why a more efficient system require faster cpu :) there is a problem in this
equation :)

Evren