My testing confirms Alan's numbers, however he neglected to mention:

Solaris: 2.5
VMS on Alpha: 8.0  :)

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 16:07:58 -0400
 "Alan DeKok" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Evren Yurtesen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Everybody argue about something and usually its so difficult to come to a conclusion. Microsoft says windows is good, linux people say linux is better, I say FreeBSD is best :)

NetBSD...

Microsoft always says the newer version of windows works faster and more efficiently etc. But yet they require faster cpu's and more memory in their system requirements :) When we leave the memory out, I wonder why a more efficient system require faster cpu :) there is a problem in this
equation :)

At work, we run CPU and memory intensive applications. On the same
hardward, the relative speed of our apps on the various OS's, relative
to NetBSD, are:

NetBSD: 1.0
Linux : 0.6
XP    : 0.2
NT4   : >0.1

So I agree, XP is twice as good as NT4. :)