--- "Milver S. Nisay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>there are a lots of solution to your case.
>1. you can make a dial up script to administer your dialup accounts. >Perl is
>flexible enough to connect and manipulate MySQL fields and databases.
>2. i believe the first time i used dialup admin, it also did not work, >but i
>tried installing it to a newly fresh installed OS, it just worked >instantly.
Thanks for the reply.  What OS and version did you use?

>3. freeside highly suggest PostgreSQL database, but it will work on >MySQL as
>long as MySQL version is 4.0 above, i think. check out changes on their
>website.

I am running the latest stable version of MySQL; I will have to try freeside again.

>    No further testing on MySQL 4.1 yet but they say it might work. >haven't
>tried it though.

>hope this helps.
>milver

work.  I just upgraded to Red Hat 8.0 on a Shuttle (granted, not the best
machine to use as a server).  I've tried to use dialup_admin but just can't
get it to work.  I always get a rash of errors of the general type "unknown
constant general_blah_blah, assumed 'general_blah_blah'", also undefined
variable show, login, etc.
> > Has anybody got dialup_admin to work on a Red Hat box?
> >
> > I downloaded and installed freeside, but I'd prefer to use MySQL and
freeside doesn't like MySQL because of its lack of subqueries.  Has anybody
used freeside?  How good is it?

> > Right now I'm struggling with a system crash.  My XF86Config file is
corrupted and I'm unable to login.  Could freeside have done this?

> > Regards,
> > Michael Flora
> >
> > P.S. thanks to everybody who replied to my previous posts.  I haven't
had time to reply individually.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html