-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Michael
Flora
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 8:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Freeradius GUI admin headaches

--- Darin Holloway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>First things first, can you get apache to serve any pages?  Does php work
well
>enough to display <?echo phpinfo();?>?

Yes, I can see the dialup_admin home page and the buttons on the LH side.
I've tried it using sessions and without, and with register_globals set to
"on" and to "off".  Dialup_admin uses an array called $config to store
user-entered parameters from a configuration file.  I don't know much about
PHP, it's almost as if this code is not working properly.  I understand
people are actually using dialup_admin, although I haven't personally found
anybody who is.

Regards,
Michael Flora

Michael Flora wrote:
> I've been struggling for days trying to get a Freeradius admin tool to
work.  I just upgraded to Red Hat 8.0 on a Shuttle (granted, not the best
machine to use as a server).  I've tried to use dialup_admin but just can't
get it to work.  I always get a rash of errors of the general type "unknown
constant general_blah_blah, assumed 'general_blah_blah'", also undefined
variable show, login, etc.
> Has anybody got dialup_admin to work on a Red Hat box?
>
> I downloaded and installed freeside, but I'd prefer to use MySQL and
freeside doesn't like MySQL because of its lack of subqueries.  Has anybody
used freeside?  How good is it?

> Right now I'm struggling with a system crash.  My XF86Config file is
corrupted and I'm unable to login.  Could freeside have done this?

> Regards,
> Michael Flora
>
> P.S. thanks to everybody who replied to my previous posts.  I haven't had
time to reply individually.

Michael,

I feel your pain, I had many similar errors when I first tried dialupadmin.
I set up freeradius 0.9.3 on a fedora1 box with mysql and freeradius would
authenticate fine against mysql and my web server (on the same box) seemed
to process php pages just fine but I couldn't get dialupadmin to work. What
torqued me was I could load dialupadmin on a different box (windows with
apache2 and php) and point it at the freeradius box and it worked. I wanted
it all on the same box though.  My solution turned out to be fixing php so
it would talk to mysql. The versions I had all seemed to work fine
separately, but wouldn't all work together. It took me about 3 weeks on and
off to get dialupadmin working correctly but it does and the code is not
broke. Check your configs,  find out for sure that your webserver-php setup
will talk to your mysql. I can't outline a step-by-step debugging procedure,
but my final finding was php needed older mysql client libraries , so I
removed mysql 4.x and replaced it with mysql 3.x to make it all work
together.
Now that I've spent alot of time with this software, I could probably make
it all work with the latest versions of stuff but I got other fish to fry...
This post may not help you fix it, but is meant to encourage you and assure
you that the dialupadmin code does, in fact, work.

Kerry

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html