"Jon Stahler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Since version 6 of Netware, Novell has an LDAP server running on the
> Netware OS that stays sync'd with eDirectory.

  <sigh> I'm not familiar with their implementation.  You went back
and forth in terminology between LDAP & eDirectory, and talked about
them like they were identical.  I'm sorry I assumed eDirectory was an
LDAP server.

>   This LDAP server is what I am attempting to authenticate against,
> not the eDirectory itself.

  No, you don't want to do that.  Please READ my messages.

  For the third time, LDAP stores passwords.  It doesn't do
authentication.  FreeRADIUS does authentication.  It doesn't store
passwords.

  If you have clear-text passwords configured in your LDAP database
for a user, then the server WILL WORK.  Please try it.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html