Hi guys,

I am interested in connecting to Hyper-V VMs as well. Is there any progress on
this issue?

I already tried around a bit, made some modifications to the code and had some
success. First I tried to understand how to map the "advanced settings" of the
ActiveX RDP control to protocol behavior.
(See
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverhyperv/thread/9b208cdb-a8c8-4afc-ba2d-230f63182bb9/)

1. AdvancedSettings7.PCB = <Name property of Msvm_ComputerSystem>;
This means we need to send a RDP_PRECONNECTION_PDU_V2 containing the VM GUID
before anything else. This is documented in the RDP specs (MS-RDPEPS). The
specs even mention the GUID format for VMMS connections (Appendix A).

2. AdvancedSettings7.AuthenticationServiceClass = "Microsoft Virtual Console
Service";
I could connect to my VMs even though I commented this line. Therefore I
ignored it for now.

3. AdvancedSettings8.EnableCredSspSupport = true;
   AdvancedSettings8.NegotiateSecurityLayer = false;
Instead of negotiating the security using a Client X.224 Connection Request
PDU, the client must first establish a secure (NLA) connection and then send
the connection request within the secure connection.

My current implementation is real hacky and just a proof of concept, but you
can grasp the concept:
https://github.com/lysannkessler/FreeRDP/compare/master...spikes%2Fhyperv

I can successfully establish a visual connection to a VM, but there are
graphical errors:
It should look like this:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1555269/freerdp_hyperv/activex.png
But instead it looks like this:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1555269/freerdp_hyperv/xfreerdp.png

I am hoping that somebody who has RDP experience recognizes this problem and
can help me fix it.
Any help is appreciated :)

Cheers,
Lysann