Hi Nick,
Thank you very much for your help in the previous email. Recently, I
read and thought your manual very carefully and tried some other ways.

The first one:
I tried to transfer ROI5.nii directly to subject's surface (not via
fsaverage). i.e.,

cd $SUBJECTS_DIR/subjid/surf
Fslregister --s subjid --mov /path/to/TT_avg152T1.nii --reg
TT_avg152T1_to_subjid.dat
Mri_vol2surf --mov /path/to/ROI5.nii --reg TT_avg152T1_to_subjid.dat
--projdist 0 1 0.1 --interp nearest --hemi lh --out lh.ROI5.mgh
Mri_segstats --seg lh.ROI5.mgh --in lh.thickness --sum segstats-ROI5.txt

Is it OK? What is the benefit for using fsaverage data?
I got the same error information to that after strictly following your
manual (see details in the last email I sent to you).Do you the reason
for this error informaton?

Another way is transfering all data into volume. i.e.,

Mri_surf2vol --surfval lh.thickness --hemi lh --fillribbon --template
orig.mgz --volregidentity subjid --outvol lh.ribbon.nii
Mri_convert lh.ribbon.nii --apply_transform
transforms/talairach.auto.xfm -o lh-talairach.ribbon.nii

Is it OK? This followship works without any error information. However,
I do not know what is the value in each voxel in
"lh-talairach.ribbon.nii". Do you know it?

Thanks, again!

Xiaochu Zhang PhD

Visiting Research Fellow

Neuroimaging Research Branch