hi, expert,
By mapping a surface label to a functional template, I want to extract the
corresponding cortical gray matter region in the functional space. I know I
should use the mri_label2vol command.
In the help page of mri_label2vol, I see some examples of this command.
2. Convert a surface label into a binary mask in the functional space.Fill in
all the cortical gray matter. Require that a functional voxelbe filled at least
30% by the label:
mri_label2vol   --label lh-avg_central_sulcus.label   --temp f.nii   --reg
register.dat   --fillthresh .3   --proj frac 0 1 .1   --subject bert --hemi
lh  --o cent-lh.nii
3. Convert a surface label into a binary mask in the functional space.Sample a
1mm ribbon 2mm below the gray/white surface. Do not require a fill threshold:
mri_label2vol   --label lh-avg_central_sulcus.label   --temp f.nii   --reg
register.dat   --proj abs -3 -2 .1   --subject bert --hemi lh  --o cent-lh.nii
I want to extract the cortical gray matter on the functional images
corresponding to the surface label. I do not know which of the above commands
could obtain the result I want and which parameters I should use to obtain what
I want.
For example 3, I do not quite catch what "Sample a 1mm ribbon 2mm below the
gray/white surface. " this sentence means.
Thanks for your help!

Best
Yuanchao