Hi Yuanchao, I would recommend that you use the aparc+aseg.mgz file for
this. This file has cortical labels already in the volume, you just need
to map them to your functional space, something like

mri_label2vol --aparc+aseg --temp functemplate.nii --reg register.dat
--o aparc+aseg.fmri.nii

doug

Zhangyuanchao wrote:
> hi, expert,
>
> By mapping a surface label to a functional template, I want to extract
> the corresponding cortical gray matter region in the functional space.
> I know I should use the mri_label2vol command.
>
> In the help page of mri_label2vol, I see some examples of this command.
>
> 2. Convert a surface label into a binary mask in the functional space.
> Fill in all the cortical gray matter. Require that a functional voxel
> be filled at least 30% by the label:
>
> mri_label2vol
>   --label lh-avg_central_sulcus.label
>   --temp f.nii
>   --reg register.dat
>   --fillthresh .3
>   --proj frac 0 1 .1
>   --subject bert --hemi lh
>   --o cent-lh.nii
>
> 3. Convert a surface label into a binary mask in the functional space.
> Sample a 1mm ribbon 2mm below the gray/white surface. Do not require a
> fill threshold:
>
> mri_label2vol
>   --label lh-avg_central_sulcus.label
>   --temp f.nii
>   --reg register.dat
>   --proj abs -3 -2 .1
>   --subject bert --hemi lh
>   --o cent-lh.nii
>
> I want to extract the cortical gray matter on the functional images
> corresponding to the surface label. I do not know which of the above
> commands could obtain the result I want and which parameters I should
> use to obtain what I want.
>
> For example 3, I do not quite catch what "Sample a 1mm ribbon 2mm
> below the gray/white surface. " this sentence means.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>

> Best
>
> Yuanchao

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.