The ICV will not change because that depends on the talairach transform.
mri_segstats just reads in the transform that is there and computes the
ICV (note that this is an *estimated* ICV, it is not derived by counting
voxels). There have been several bugs with mri_segstats that are
difficult to explain. Most of them have to do with making small
adjustments to the various brain volume measurements (not ICV), and
there was a fix to the partial volume correction too. The new version
will change all of the measurements (except ICV).

doug

--
Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center