Hi Martin,

Thanks for your  response. When I run the command alone, the following
message appears:

 mri_convert --frame 0 ./tmp-0001_base_lh_thickness_U5R6w6/glm/beta.mgh
./tmp-0001_base_lh_thickness_U5R6w6/beta0.mgh
bash: /Applications/freesurfer//bin/mri_convert: cannot execute binary file

I've made these files executable (chmod +x <filename>) but that does not
appear to make a difference. I'm currently operating on a 64 bit Mac osX
10.7.5. I downloaded the bug fix from
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/ReleaseNotes. Is there another
version located elsewhere that has a solution that is more appropriate to
my operating system?

Thanks for your help,

Katherine Reiter, M.S.

Clinical Psychology Doctoral Student