not mri_convert, convert. And sorry, I mean a dynamic gif:

man convert
NAME
convert - convert between image formats as well as resize an image, blur, crop, despeckle, dither, draw on, flip,
       join, re-sample, and much more.

SYNOPSIS
       convert [input-options] input-file [output-options] output-file

OVERVIEW
The convert program is a member of the ImageMagick(1) suite of tools. Use it to convert between image formats as well as resize an image, blur, crop, despeckle, dither, draw on, flip, join, re-sample, and much more.

For more information about the convert command, point your browser to file:///usr/share/doc/ImageMag-