Hello Freesurfer experts,

I am wondering if the new hippocampal subfields (HSF) module that will be
included in Freesurfer v. 6 would work with 1.5 Tesla data.

Upon reviewing the mail archives, I came across a thread
(https://www.mail-archive.com/freesurfer%40nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/msg35665.html)
regarding the validity of using 1.5 Tesla T1 data with the older HSF module
from Freesurfer v. 5.3. My takeaway from this thread is that the older module
should work reasonably well as long as the T1 data is 1mm, regardless of
whether the data is 1.5 or 3 Tesla (but please correct me if I am wrong!).
Would the same apply for the new HSF module in Freesurfer v. 6 when it is
officially released?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Doug

Douglas Merkitch
Neurological Sciences