Thank you Michael! I <3 Pysurfer.

(and freesurfer of course!)

The *real* goal is to integrate the code that I've written as a wrapper
around pysurfer to show regional values (exactly as you suggest) with
BrainNet <https://www.nitrc.org/projects/bnv/> which can show the network
nicely on top of freesurfer files.

Here's the wiki for my pysurfer wrapper:
https://github.com/KirstieJane/DESCRIBING_DATA/wiki/Making-Surface-Plots-with-Pysurfer

And the code itself
https://github.com/KirstieJane/DESCRIBING_DATA/blob/master/VISUALIZING_SURFACE_MRI_DATA/pysurfer_plot_500parcellation_surface_values.py

Unfortunately I don't use BrainNet so I'm having difficulty helping my lab
mate make his pretty plots of network nodes and edges overlayed on top of
surface colors (eg: modular partition)!

Is there a way of writing out an annot file from pysurfer into freesurfer
format? Maybe that would bring the two packages closer together....

Kx