Dear Anastasia,

Thanks for the feedback. So, does this mean that the dcm root should be
pointed towards the T1¹s? I have the FreeSurfer recon-all output in a
different folder.
Enclosed is the log file (of one subject) and the configuration file. You
will see that I tried the inter and intra option, because I thought that
for the inter it would not need anything else than the MNI template and
the DTI images.

Thanks

Best
Heidi

On 5/31/16, 4:01 PM, "freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu on behalf of
Anastasia Yendiki" <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu on behalf of
ayend...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:

>Hi Heidi - The intra-subject registration step that you're trying to run
>registers your subject's DWI and T1 images. It expects to find those
>images. It doesn't use the FA, MD, etc in any way.
>
>Did the log file get created in scripts/trac-all.log? If so, can you
>please send that file and your configuration file? Thanks!
>
>a.y
>
>On Tue, 31 May 2016, Jacobs H (NP) wrote:
>
>> Dear FreeSurfers,
>>
>> The data I have is preprocessed, so I have the all the metrics (FA, MD,
>>L1, L2, L3,..) in nifti format.
>> On this data I would like to start tracula starting from step 1.3.
>>
>> I have organized the data as mentioned on the wiki:
>> For example:
>> <subjID>/<dmri> dtifit_FA.nii.gz
>>
>> I have also filled in the configuration file, canceling out the things
>>I don¹t need and then I tried to run:
>> Trac-all ­intra ­c <configuration file>
>>
>> Unfortunately, it does not work, it says: dcmlist: subscript out of
>>range
>>
>> I do not have the original filesŠ is there a way that I can get the
>>script working?
>>
>> Many thanks.
>> Heidi

#
# dmrirc.example
#
# This file contains commands that will be run by trac-all before an analysis.
# It is used to set all parameters needed for the analysis.
#
# Remove a parameter from your dmrirc file if you want use the default value.
# Parameters that don't have default values must be specified.
#
# Any other commands that you might want to run before an analysis can be added
# to this file.
#
# Original Author: Anastasia Yendiki
# CVS Revision Info:
#    $Author: ayendiki $
#    $Date: 2013/12/05 23:08:54 $
#    $Revision: 1.12 $
#
# Copyright © 2011 The General Hospital Corporation (Boston, MA) "MGH"
#
# Terms and conditions for use, reproduction, distribution and contribution
# are found in the 'FreeSurfer Software License Agreement' contained
# in the file 'LICENSE' found in the FreeSurfer distribution, and here:
#
# https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FreeSurferSoftwareLicense
#
# Reporting: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
#
#

# FreeSurfer SUBJECTS_DIR
# T1 images and FreeSurfer segmentations are expected to be found here
#
#setenv SUBJECTS_DIR /path/to/recons/of/ducks
#
# Output directory where trac-all results will be saved
# Default: Same as SUBJECTS_DIR
#
set dtroot = /Volumes/MACPRO1/EXPLORE_DTI_analyses/dtifit/

# Subject IDs
#
set subjlist = ` echo S_11XDXA S_1GQ9QV S_1OR6QC S_22ZHN3 S_2AL8RA S_2BB4H2
S_2C71QF S_2N88VA S_38ZNK5 S_3RSPPP S_3VZEQN S_46JBNZ S_4MPQCY S_4WJ2CR
S_556CFT S_591HTP S_5KA3RS S_65UK1S S_693X4P S_6D51EY S_6FWKZD S_6FZL4U
S_6SB9KZ S_6YRT6A S_71GPF7 S_7HSOBN S_7KFHPW S_7NOX7M S_7WP6BG S_82FZ4L
S_8BWFJ6 S_9737MM S_9EUNFD S_9K8SLX S_9N8KQW S_9P3JR7 S_9ZVDZV S_A1F2CM
S_ALV5CB S_AUL7R4 S_BZ4FBH S_CCCMW3 S_CMM2WL S_CTY2ER S_CU4FZA S_CURLLB
S_DL4N2Q S_DNQ9KU S_DQ1ZSG S_DTW7J6 S_DWA2LP S_DXM9JK S_EHDWX1 S_ENG47C
S_F4PH5M S_F8P42D S_FCBAMR S_FDJ6UU S_FMSJER S_FQHJWH S_FSK1HD S_FWFNC5
S_G7KP27 S_H7YAA1 S_HCFNSF S_HW7R19 S_HWGXLJ S_J9HY8A S_JY5M58 S_K1K5LS
S_K8ZC3B S_KBGJQU S_KCT9S6 S_KL5Q3P S_KMUW5L S_L33YSL S_LABYUQ S_LJ1GWN
S_LLPPCW S_MEEDAH S_MFUFDS S_MX83QU S_NE58SM S_NIQUVD S_P4K6DM S_PE9J6U
S_Q9A2UG S_QS6SFY S_R3BPAK S_RANV43 S_RFDRD6 S_RHXWND S_SO63PR S_SVAQUY
S_T1LVDV S_T8CBM1 S_TJIU8X S_TMNXYB S_TNS7IM S_U2V5FD S_U98RJE S_U9U9QL
S_UHC6WM S_V36DLL S_VTMXMZ S_WA1CLD S_WDVBAY S_X69RWA S_XFNM9K S_XRZQKV
S_XTDEMR S_XXMGFN S_XY62WP S_Y97L76 S_YANQMX S_YEFGQ2 S_ZASXXZ S_ZNUP4E
S_ZPBHLL TAU_001 TAU_024 TAU_029 TAU_064 TAU_074 TAU_122 TAU_151 TAU_154
TAU_156 TAU_157 TAU_160 TAU_161 TAU_169 TAU_175 TAU_178 TAU_180`

# In case you want to analyze only Huey and Louie
# Default: Run analysis on all subjects
#
#set runlist = (1 3)
#
# Input diffusion DICOMs (file names relative to dcmroot)
# If original DICOMs don't exist, these can be in other image format
# but then the gradient table and b-value table must be specified (see below)
#
#set dcmroot = /Volumes/MACPRO1/EXPLORE_DTI_analyses/prep/
#set dcmlist = (huey/day1/XXX-1.dcm dewey/day1/XXX-1.dcm louie/day2/XXX-1.dcm)

# Diffusion gradient tables (if there is a different one for each scan)
# Must be specified if inputs are not MGH DICOMs
# The tables must have either three columns, where each row is a gradient vector
# or three rows, where each column is a gradient vector
# There must be as many gradient vectors as volumes in the diffusion data set
# Default: Read from DICOM header
#
#set bveclist = (/path/to/huey/bvecs.txt \
#                /path/to/dewey/bvecs.txt \
#                /path/to/louie/bvecs.txt)

# Diffusion gradient table (if using the same one for all scans)
# Must be specified if inputs are not MGH DICOMs
# The table must have either three columns, where each row is a gradient vector
# or three rows, where each column is a gradient vector
# There must be as many gradient vectors as volumes in the diffusion data set
# Default: Read from DICOM header
#
#set bvecfile = /path/to/bvecs.txt
#
# Diffusion b-value table
# Must be specified if inputs are not MGH DICOMs
# There must be as many b-values as volumes in the diffusion data set
# Default: Read from DICOM header
#
#set bvalfile = /path/to/bvals.txt
#
# Perform registration-based B0-inhomogeneity compensation?
# Default: 0 (no)
#
#set dob0 = 1
#
# Input B0 field map magnitude DICOMs (file names relative to dcmroot)
# Only used if dob0 = 1
# Default: None
#
#set b0mlist = (huey/fmag/XXX-1.dcm dewey/fmag/XXX-1.dcm louie/fmag/XXX-1.dcm)
#
# Input B0 field map phase DICOMs (file names relative to dcmroot)
# Only used if dob0 = 1
# Default: None
#
#set b0plist = (huey/fphas/XXX-1.dcm dewey/fphas/XXX-1.dcm
louie/fphas/XXX-1.dcm)
#
# Echo spacing for field mapping sequence (from sequence printout)
# Only used if dob0 = 1
# Default: None
#
#set echospacing = 0.7
#
# Perform registration-based eddy-current compensation?
# Default: 1 (yes)
#
#set doeddy = 1
#
# Rotate diffusion gradient vectors to match eddy-current compensation?
# Only used if doeddy = 1
# Default: 1 (yes)
#
#set dorotbvecs = 1
#
# Fractional intensity threshold for BET mask extraction from low-b images
# This mask is used only if usemaskanat = 0
# Default: 0.3
#
#set thrbet = 0.5
#
# Perform diffusion-to-T1 registration by flirt?
# Default: 0 (no)
#
#set doregflt = 0
#
# Perform diffusion-to-T1 registration by bbregister?
# Default: 1 (yes)
#
#set doregbbr = 1
#
# Perform registration of T1 to MNI template?
# Default: 1 (yes)
#
set doregmni = 1

# MNI template
# Only used if doregmni = 1
# Default: $FSLDIR/data/standard/MNI152_T1_1mm_brain.nii.gz
#
#set mnitemp = /path/to/mni_template.nii.gz
#
# Perform registration of T1 to CVS template?
# Default: 0 (no)
#
set doregcvs = 0

# CVS template subject ID
# Only used if doregcvs = 1
# Default: cvs_avg35
#
#set cvstemp = donald

# Parent directory of the CVS template subject
# Only used if doregcvs = 1
# Default: $FREESURFER_HOME/subjects
#
#set cvstempdir = /path/to/cvs/atlases/of/ducks

# Use brain mask extracted from T1 image instead of low-b diffusion image?
# Has no effect if there is no T1 data
# Default: 1 (yes)
#
#set usemaskanat = 1

# Paths to reconstruct
# Default: All paths in the atlas
#
#set pathlist = ( lh.cst_AS rh.cst_AS \
#                 lh.unc_AS rh.unc_AS \
#                 lh.ilf_AS rh.ilf_AS \
#                 fmajor_PP fminor_PP \
#                 lh.atr_PP rh.atr_PP \
#                 lh.ccg_PP rh.ccg_PP \
#                 lh.cab_PP rh.cab_PP \
#                 lh.slfp_PP rh.slfp_PP \
#                 lh.slft_PP rh.slft_PP )
#
# Number of path control points
# It can be a single number for all paths or a different number for each of the
# paths specified in pathlist
# Default: 7 for the forceps major, 6 for the corticospinal tract,
#          4 for the angular bundle, and 5 for all other paths
#
#set ncpts = (6 6 5 5 5 5 7 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 5 5 5 5)

# List of training subjects
# This text file lists the locations of training subject directories
# Default: $FREESURFER_HOME/trctrain/trainlist.txt
#
#set trainfile = $FREESURFER_HOME/trctrain/trainlist.txt

# Number of "sticks" (anisotropic diffusion compartments) in the bedpostx
# ball-and-stick model
# Default: 2
#
#set nstick = 2

# Number of MCMC burn-in iterations
# (Path samples drawn initially by MCMC algorithm and discarded)
# Default: 200
#
#set nburnin = 200

# Number of MCMC iterations
# (Path samples drawn by MCMC algorithm and used to estimate path distribution)
# Default: 7500
#
#set nsample = 7500

# Frequency with which MCMC path samples are retained for path distribution
# Default: 5 (keep every 5th sample)
#
#set nkeep = 5

# Reinitialize path reconstruction?
# This is an option of last resort, to be used only if one of the reconstructed
# pathway distributions looks like a single curve. This is a sign that the
# initial guess for the pathway was problematic, perhaps due to poor alignment
# between the individual and the atlas. Setting the reinit parameter to 1 and
# rerunning "trac-all -prior" and "trac-all -path", only for the specific
# subjects and pathways that had this problem, will attempt to reconstruct them
# with a different initial guess.
# Default: 0 (do not reinitialize)
#
#set reinit = 0