Dear FreeSurfer experts

I am trying to extract the label using standard aparc.annot and will be
using mri_mergelabels to create my own lobes to do GLM fit later on for ROI
analysis.
However, it shows me the error like this when I check there are the files
aparc.annot and the file from surf folder.
[toibigi2007@localhost OASIS_Data]$ mri_annotation2label --subject
OASIS_0002_MR1 --hemi lh --outdir $SUBJECTS_DIR/OASIS_0002_MR1/label
subject = OASIS_0002_MR1
annotation = aparc
hemi = lh
outdir = /media/3B110EAE3B9DE8E0/OASIS_Data/OASIS_0002_MR1/label
surface   = white

ERROR: creating directory
/media/3B110EAE3B9DE8E0/OASIS_Data/OASIS_0002_MR1/label
No such file or directory

One more question is that it says default is "white" surface, but I want to
measure the cortical thickness.  Can I leave white in like this or do I
change into --surf to gray for this?

Thank you and best regards,
*--v-- Peace --v--*
*Duy Nguyễn *
*Biomedical Engineering Department- IU HCMC*
*Cell: (+84)909999056*
*Email: duy.nguyen...@gmail.com <duy.nguyen...@gmail.com>*