Hi,

I am attempting to use the longitudinal pipeline of the "hippocampal subfields
and nuclei of amygdala”, but keep getting a flawed output.

My dataset consists of images from a longitudinal study with some dropouts.
First, I ran the reconall longitudinal pipeline in fs60 for all subjects. I got
no errors. Then, I tried

1. Running the longitudinal pipeline of the hippocampal module, loading Matlab
8.2 to run
segmentHA_T1_long.sh SUBJ1_basetemplate
segmentHA_T1_long.sh SUBJ2_basetemplate
etc

I got an error in most of these jobs (mostly for templates of subjects with
multiple visits) that read

"ERROR: MatlabObjectArray(0x7fd7ce84cea0): Trying to access non-existing object
(25)

Error in kvlGetOptimizer (line 11)

Error in SegmentSubfieldsT1Longitudinal (line 1155)”

2. I then tried running the cross sectional pipeline for each one of the
timepoints in subjects already processed by the reconall longitudinal pipeline
(i. e. segmentations in the  .long. directories)
segmentHA_T1.sh SUBJ1_timepoint1.long.SUBJ1_basetemplate
segmentHA_T1.sh SUBJ1_timepoint2.long.SUBJ1_basetemplate
segmentHA_T1.sh SUBJ2_timepoint1.long.SUBJ2_basetemplate
segmentHA_T1.sh SUBJ3_timepoint1.long.SUBJ3_basetemplate
etc

Most of them ran without errors, but some still did.

3. I then tried to run the cross sectional hippocampal module for all
subjects/timepoints without using the reconall longitudinal pipeline
segmentHA_T1.sh SUBJ1_timepoint1
segmentHA_T1.sh SUBJ1_timepoint2
segmentHA_T1.sh SUBJ2_timepoint1
segmentHA_T1.sh SUBJ3_timepoint1
etc

They were processed without errors. But when inspecting the processing log,
there was a message that appeared 4 times in the file

"WARNING: Registration did not converge in 5 steps!
*          Problem might be ill posed.
*          Please inspect output manually!
………
……..
…...
Everything done!
It took 766.0135 seconds “

With manual inspection, subfield segmentations output by fs60 seemed fine in
all the directories of the reconall cross sectional and longitudinal outputs
(hippoSfLabels-T1). For the Hippocampal Module outputs (hippoAmygLabels-T1),
the hippocampus was abbruptly cut, sometimes laterally, sometimes dorsally.
This was the case for all three analyses.

I wonder what is the problem and what I can do to fix it so I can successfully
run the longitudinal pipeline of the "hippocampal subfields and nuclei of
amygdala”

Thanks for your help!

Aura M.