External Email - Use Caution

​Hello Jon,
Since trac-all is a tcsh script, you could try prefacing it with "tcsh -x" to
get extra output about what it is doing, i.e.,
$ tcsh -x trac-all  ....rest of args...
- and then look thru the trac-all output to see where it actually runs a binary
command.  Or if you can find in the output of the trac-all script where it
runs the binary command that fails, then you could cut and paste that binary
command line and try running it directly from the terminal.  If you can
reproduce the error from running the binary command line on the terminal, then
you could run it in gdb - which might give some more info than just hex output
if the binary has symbolic info.  Sometimes scripts run other scripts
before they exec and binaries, so the first level output may not show anything
useful, but it could be worth a try..

A segfault can be caused by a memory error, but meanwhile I will try to get in
touch with the developer since the trace we have so far does not contain any
useful symbolic info.

On Oct 30, 2018, at 11:02, Whitney, Jon <jon.whit...@ert.com>
wrote:        External Email - Use
Caution        Also, I have located the
core dump file if that helps.Thanks!On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 11:01 AM Whitney,
Jon <jon.whit...@ert.com> wrote:Hey!  Thanks for your
help. Looking at the end of the system log:<image.png>It's a bunch
of mysterious hex. using gdb on trac-all doesn't work because gdb claims
it will only work on executable files, not scripts.  However, my
Linux guru was able to get the backtrace for the crash.<image.png>which
is also in inscrutable hex.  He says that the only way to really identify
the error is by combining data (such as the core dump) with the original code
to decode this hex data.Thoughts?