Hi Matt

yes, we have done this a number of times but of course it depends a lot on the details of the abnormality so it is hard to give generic advice

On Fri, 28 Dec 2018, Michael Sughrue wrote:

        External Email - Use Caution

Has anyone had success extracting surfaces of brains with obviously abnormal
surfaces....post-surgical or very distorted cortices from tumor etc....even if
the extraction is
imperfect, is it possible to do with freesurfer and get something imperfect but
useable.
....typically this gets hung up at the fix tesselation step.....
if this isnt possible presently, any suggestions about how to create modify the
source code to
create such a tool?

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 8:49 PM Matthieu Vanhoutte