External Email - Use Caution

Dear Dr. Douglas,

Thank you so much for your quick response! You saved my half life.

From the introduction of clusterwise correction for multiple comparisons, I
have a few questions.

1, What is the null hypothesis here ?
2, What is a z map? Do you mean synthesize cortical datasets?
3. Smooth z map, what FWHM do you use, if it is not consistent with my
FWHM, how will it affect the results?
4, Threshold z map, what does level mean? Does it mean the vertex p-value?

Clusterwise Correction for Multiple Comparisons
To perform a cluster-wise correction for multiple comparisons, we will run
a simulation. The simulation is a way to get a measure of the distribution
of the maximum cluster size under the *null **hypothesis*. This is done by
iterating over the following steps:
1. Synthesize a z map
2. Smooth z map (using residual FWHM)
3. Threshold z map (level and sign)
4. Find clusters in thresholded map
5. Record area of maximum cluster
6. Repeat over desired number of iterations (usually > 5000)

Thank you so much!

Best regards,
Ting